Black and white abstracts
In a photograph, you can transform the familiar into another thing entirely. Converting them to black and white completes the transformation of a natural pattern into a design.
I’ve posted a number of these before, but I thought they’d make an interesting collection together:
- Geometrical ice abstract – Stream ice that made a pattern of crossing lines and triangles.
- Drop zigzag – Drops on a spiderweb at an inclined angle and high magnification
- Leaf mosaic – Dark and light patterns on a fall leaf
- Mullein stars – A common leafy plant with fuzzy leaves; the fuzz resolves to stars at high magnification
- Floss – Flowing strands of milkweed floss
- Aster pattern – The out-of-focus strands of an aster seed head, a small dandelion-like flower
- Ice cells – A pattern in melting ice